What a 2017!
What an emotional year! After back problems and starting the season slowly, to be back in time to claim the Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Chattanooga and Ironman World Championships in Hawaii was thrilling. I was not only proud of the athletic achievements this year, but also that I was able to show a comeback.
After the victory in Dubai at Ironman 70.3 in January 2017, three difficult months followed, until another surprise result came (02.04.2017: 1st place Ironman South Africa). Important victories were also in Roth in June 2017, as well as the Allgäu Triathlon and in Zurich. 2017 was closed with nominations from Swiss sport and triathlon categories, where I am again extremely humble to take second place in the overall Swiss athlete of the year award.
- Ironman World Championship Hawaii, 14.10.2017 - 1st place
- Ironman 70.3 World Championship Chattanooga, 09.09.2017 - 1st place
- Allgäu Triathlon, 20.08.2017 - 1st place
- 5150 Zurich, 29.07.2017 - 1st place
- Challenge Roth, 09.07.2017 - 1st place
- Ironman 70.3 Rapperswil, 11.06.2017 - 1st place
- Challenge 70.3. Mogan Gran Canaria, 22.04.2017 - 3rd place
- Ironman South Africa, 02.04.2017 - 1st place
- Ironman 70.3 Dubai, 27.01.2017 - 1st place
At the legendary Alpe d'Huez Triathlon only five men were faster than Daniela Ryf.